PREMIER GOLD MINES LIMITED (TSX:PG) cordially invites all current and future shareholders to visit the Company at the 2014 Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada’s International Convention, Trade Show & Investors Exchange on Sunday March 2nd and Monday March 3rd at booth 2201A.
Several members of the Premier management team will be available at the booth to discuss the Company’s highlights of 2013 and its plans for 2014.
Selected highlights from 2013 exploration and development programs and expected milestones for 2014 include:
- Trans-Canada Property, Ontario:
- An updated mineral resource estimate for the Hardrock deposit released in H2-2013 confirmed an expanded open pit scenario containing significant gold resources.
- A new open pit target (“BFW”) to the west of the Hardrock deposit has been identified
- Positive Preliminary Economic Assessments (“PEA”) for the Hardrock deposit (open pit only) and the Brookbank deposit was released in January.
- A final resource estimate for Hardrock deposit, which will include approximately 55,000 metres of additional drilling, is expected to be completed during Q2.
- Cove Gold Project, Nevada:
- Premier released an updated mineral resource estimate for the Helen Zone deposit which hosts significant high-grade gold resources.
- New discoveries were made with initial drilling proximal to the historic Cove open pit mine including;
- 2201 poly-metallic (Au-Ag-Zn-Pb) discovery beneath the Cove pit. Recent step-out drilling has confirmed the extension of the 2201 Zone with multiple intervals of massive, semi-massive, and stringer sulphide mineralization .
- Cove North Deep (“CND”) discovery in a new target area to the north of the Cove pit. Recent step-out drilling has confirmed favourable mineralization a further 300 metres to the north.
- Extensions to the Cove South Deep (“CSD”) Zone, proximal to and along strike from historic underground mining. Recent step-out drilling has identified further extensions to this highly prospective horizon located within hundreds of metres of the open pit .
- Continued expansion drilling on the new discovery areas will continue throughout 2014.
- Rahill-Bonanza (Red Lake) JV Project, Ontario:
- Underground drilling has identified a new structure, immediately south of the tram, that is currently being tested by fan-drilling. Strong veining and mineralization has been intersected and assays will be released in H1-2014.
- Initial drilling is testing the primary target on the property, the Wilmar Zone.
Stephen McGibbon, P. Geo., is the Qualified Person for the information contained in this press release and is a Qualified Person within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101.
Premier Gold Mines Limited is one of North America’s leading exploration and development companies with a high-quality pipeline of gold projects focused in proven, safe and accessible mining jurisdictions in Canada and the United States. The Company is well financed with a portfolio of advanced-stage assets in world class gold mining districts such as Red Lake and Geraldton in Ontario and the most prolific gold trends in Nevada.